So, are you considering getting a security system to protect your home and family? That’s a great idea! But don’t be lured by the idea of purchasing cheap components and installing a DIY Security system yourself. At first, this may seem like a great idea, but it will soon cost you more in the long run. From expert installation to comprehensive support, join us as we explore the numerous ways that opting for a local security company can provide you with peace of mind while keeping your budget intact.
What is DIY Security?
As you likely know, DIY stands for Do-It-Yourself. And Do-It-Yourself security refers to systems where individuals purchase, set up, and manage their security systems without professional assistance. Components can be bought online or at stores, typically including cameras, motion sensors, door/window sensors, and alarms controlled and monitored by the homeowner.
DIY security systems have gained popularity due to their ease of use and flexibility, but mainly for the lower up-front price. Upfront costs of a DIY system can be less, although these savings, as you’ll see, are short-lived. Aside from the price, it can also be fun to pretend you’re a professional security installer — but this is not something to be taken lightly. This is your home and the security of your family we’re talking about. It’s vital that you have your system installed by a professional.
Cons of Doing-It-Yourself
Installing a DIY security system in your home can be frustrating. Installing it yourself may result in shoddy installation. Unless you are extremely handy or a contractor, you may need help installing the equipment or run the risk of damaging your home. If damage happens, it may require additional expenses as you would have to hire now someone to repair the damage.
Most DIY systems use battery-powered components such as cameras and video doorbells. And with these, you have to stay on top of keeping them changed, or they could run out of power and become useless.
- Limited Experience: Without professional help, homeowners may lack the expertise to choose the right components for their homes and set up the system correctly. Unprofessional installation can lead to vulnerabilities and potential gaps in security coverage.
- Inferior Equipment: DIY systems often use off-the-shelf components, which rarely have the same level of quality, durability, and reliability as professionally installed systems.
- Higher Maintenance: DIY systems usually require homeowners to troubleshoot and fix issues themselves. This can be stressful, time-consuming, and often results in additional expenses if a professional is needed to come and fix problems.
- Lack of Monitoring Services: Many DIY systems do not include professional monitoring services, which are crucial for immediate emergency response.
- More False Alarms: Without professional installation and configuration, DIY systems are more prone to false alarms, leading to annoying alarms, annoyed neighbors, and even potential fines from local authorities.
The Pros Have It
Having your system installed and monitored professionally gives you the extra confidence in knowing everything was installed correctly and will operate flawlessly. And with regular support and maintenance, you get from a local security company, you can better prevent unplanned expenses in the future.
Get it done right the first time with a professional security installer like ABC Fire & Burglar Alarm. With decades of experience and know-how, we can design and install your security system using the most advanced and durable components.
Why not rely on a trusted local security partner rather than wasting time and money on unnecessary risks? Reach out to ABC Fire and Burglar Alarm today and discover how we can help you save money while safeguarding what matters most.
Call ABC Security today, and we can walk you through your options. Then sit back, relax, and let us get our hands dirty installing your system professionally and expertly. For more information, contact us today to receive a free quote.