Video Doorbells: The Ultimate Home Security Tool
Video doorbells are one of the most versatile and easy-to-use security devices you can install in your home. They have become synonymous with home security in today’s connected world. They are one of the most popular security solutions for homeowners today. And for good reason! To be able to see who’s at your front door, communicate with visitors, check on your property in real-time, and even know the history of everyone who came to your front door.
Video doorbells have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their ability to increase home security. According to a survey conducted by SafeHome.org, 60% of Americans feel that video doorbells provide an added layer of protection to their homes. This sentiment is reflected in the fact that 44% of Americans now own a video doorbell. Video doorbells have also been shown to be effective in reducing burglaries, with one study finding that neighborhoods with video doorbells experienced a 55% decrease in burglaries. As the demand for video doorbells continues to grow, the market is estimated to reach a whopping $3.7 billion by 2026, according to a report by Strategy Analytics.
With their ability to deter burglars, provide real-time surveillance, and give homeowners peace of mind, video doorbells are essential to modern home security. But with so many video doorbells on the market, it can be hard to know which ones have the features you need to best watch over your home.
Top Features of Video Doorbells
Here are ABC’s top features to look for in a video doorbell:
- HD Video Resolution – When choosing a video doorbell, video resolution quality is one of the most important things to consider. Higher-quality video images mean more detailed footage. The higher the resolution, the easier it is to identify people and potential threats. A low-resolution image may be blurry or pixelated, making it more difficult to recognize faces. If you want crisp, clear images, a 1080p HD resolution is recommended.
- Two-Way Audio – A video doorbell should also have two-way audio letting homeowners and visitors talk in real-time. The ability to communicate helps you identify people, address concerns, and provide guidance, even when you’re far from home. Also, two-way communication help deter crime since criminals will think twice when they realize they’re being watched.
- Smart Device Integration – A quality video doorbell seamlessly connects to your smartphone or another smart device. This gives a boost to convenience and security. You can get notifications and watch the video feed from the doorbell live on your smart device, allowing you to greet visitors, check packages, and watch recorded footage.
- Wide-Angle Lens – There are several benefits to a video doorbell with a wide-angle lens. First, it lets you see more of what’s happening at your front door. This makes identifying visitors and potential intruders easier, even if they’re off to the side. Wide-angle lenses are even more helpful in areas with much foot traffic or blind spots.
- Battery Life – A long battery life on a video doorbell is essential as it keeps the doorbell operating for as long as possible between recharges. And a video doorbell with a short battery life is much less reliable as it will require frequent recharging. Longer battery life increases peace of mind from knowing your battery is operating and protecting your home for months between charges.
Safe and Sound: Just a Button Away
Now that you know what features to look for in video doorbells, it’s time to upgrade your home security. We offer and install a wide range of top-of-the-line security solutions at ABC Fire and Burglar Alarm. And for video doorbells, we recommend the ADC-VDB780B from Alarm.com. This fantastic video doorbell has all the features mentioned here, including monitoring and video analytics. And because it’s battery-operated, it can be installed anywhere you need it. Its battery lasts up to 6 months and can be charged easily with an included micro USB cable. Whether at home or away, you can rest assured that your front door is being monitored and protected with the latest in video doorbell technology.
ABC Fire and Burglar Alarm can install and monitor this incredibly versatile video doorbell for your home. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. Call ABC Fire and Burglar Alarm today at 504-889-9795
For more information, contact us today to receive a free quote.