Like any other metropolitan area in the country, New Orleans has its fair share of home alarm companies. Of course, you want the best protection you can get for your household, but how do you know which is the best home security company for your needs?
While there are many home security system providers, not all companies are the same. So if you want the peace of mind that comes with owning a home security system, you’ll want to ensure that the company you choose will meet your expectations by considering a few essential aspects.
What to Look for in an Alarm Company
There are many factors to consider when choosing an alarm company, from products and installation to customer service.
- Ask about Technologies. Find out what technologies each company offers and then compare those offerings. Ask about the advantages and disadvantages of the products and why they prefer those technologies over others.
- Ask about the company’s installation methods. Do they do the installation themselves or outsource to lower-level technicians? Are they fast, careful, and non-disruptive?
- Does the system provide remote access? It is important to have the ability to arm and disarm the system remotely and view video surveillance from phones and other remote devices.
- Does the company offer 24/7 professional monitoring? Monitoring is crucial as you may not be home or able to respond if an event triggers an alarm.
- What do they cost compared to others? Compare prices versus products and services to ensure you get the most for your money.
- Are they local? Nobody understands local home security needs like a local alarm company provider.
- What are the contract requirements? Some companies offer long-term contracts, others short. Find what is best for your needs.
- Does the company offer smart home services? Many people looking for residential security systems also want smart home security integration for lights, locks, thermostats, and garage door control..
- Does the company offer additional services? Security and smart technologies are advancing rapidly, allowing security system companies to offer other services such as the connected car.
- Check the BBB. A reputable company will be a member of local associations such as the BBB.
Get a Security Assessment
Reach out: Call, email, or send a message through the website to alarm companies you’re considering.
- If you have an existing system, tell them what you have.
- Make an appointment to get a security assessment of your home and any existing alarm system equipment.
- Ask for a detailed quote for products and services.
This step will allow you to evaluate the company’s responsiveness and efficiency with requests.
New Orleans Home Alarm Companies Near Me
As a locally owned and operated home security company, ABC Fire and Burglar Alarm proudly serves New Orleans, Metairie, Kenner, Laplace, Destrehan, Luling, Houma, Harvey, Gretna, Belle Chasse, Chalmette, Slidell, Mandeville, Covington, Hammond, and surrounding areas.