ABC Fire and Burglar Alarm Guide to Physical Security
At ABC Fire and Burglar Alarm, we care about the safety and well-being of our community. We take that very seriously and know you do, too. We feel that a more informed community is a safer one, so we’d like to offer some insights to those considering their options in alarm systems in New Orleans and provide some security 101 information.
What is Physical Security?
Physical security includes the measures involved in the protection of people, property, and assets from actions or events such as intrusion, theft, fire, and vandalism. Physical security issues are addressed with physical security systems, devices, and measures such as video surveillance, access control, motion detection, smoke and fire detection, and more. Physical security systems work together to:
- Control or restrict access to spaces and resources
- Deter potential threats
- Detect suspicious behaviors
- Detect active threats
- Respond to threats
- Ensure the safety of family, employees, visitors, and assets
It’s Probably More Important and Valuable Than You Realize
Physical security technologies are the first line of defense against intruders, internal threats, theft, accidents, natural disasters, and more.
Why Should You Prioritize Physical Security
The reasons for prioritizing physical security are many and include some obvious and lesser-known advantages.
- You can better manage threats to your Organization
- It provides the occupants better protection from emergencies and risks
- Systems protect the business from risks like vandalism, theft, workplace violence, and fraud.
- It provides increased business intelligence.
- Physical security improves cybersecurity by limiting access to areas using or storing computers or data rooms.
- Implementing physical security can help save money by preventing unnecessary losses from eating into your budget.
- Improved safety
- Have the ability to monitor events at home from your smartphone
- Control access to areas such as workshops or pools
- Answer your door whether you are home or not.
- Lock or unlock doors remotely
- Deter crimes such as intrusion and vandalism
Top Tips to Improve Physical Security in the Business or Residential Environment
Physical security solutions are integral to every corporate business’s success regardless of type, size, or location. Properly securing any office to help mitigate and reduce threats requires understanding key physical security tips.
- Assess your needs. Physical security technologies are vast and include many capabilities. By understanding your needs, it is possible to specifically address them with the proper range of technologies.
- Define desired outcomes. To get the most value from your physical security spend, clearly identify the desired outcomes, whether it is keeping your family safe, compliance, safety, or increased awareness.
- Identify what problems you’d like to solve in relation to desired outcomes. If increased safety is the desired outcome for example, what elements are contributing to decreased security? What risks would you like to address?
- Communicate with a physical security professional. A security professional has the expertise to assess your facility and factor in client needs as they make recommendations. This level of communication and collaboration will ensure that you have the best technologies in place to meet your needs.
- Know that effective security depends on more than your security technologies. Elements such as lighting, environmental design, and operational inefficiencies all contribute to the effectiveness of security implementation. For highly efficient security, develop a full physical security program.
- Talk to your physical security specialist about challenges that lie outside of security. Today’s physical security solutions do more than provide security. The right technologies can provide valuable services such as satisfying compliance or improving home efficiencies.
Looking For Security SystemsNear Me?
If you are looking for security systems in New Orleans, look no further than ABC Fire and Burglar Alarm. We connect and configure all your equipment to work together, using advanced installation apps and other tools, so you can get the most from your security system.
About ABC Fire & Burglar Alarm- Home Security Systems New Orleans
As a local New Orleans company with over 20 years of experience, ABC Fire and Burglar Alarm is dedicated to protecting families and businesses in our community. We proudly service the New Orleans metropolitan area, including New Orleans, Metairie, Kenner, Destrehan, Luling, Houma, Gretna, Belle Chasse, Chalmette, Slidell, Covington, Hammond, Laplace, and surrounding areas. Contact ABC Fire & Burglar Alarm at 504-889-9795
For more information, contact us today to receive a free quote.